Thursday, May 22, 2008

So it begins

Well he's gone. He should be in another country at this point, ready to start a new day in a few hours. From my view point I'm already, ready for this deployment to be over. I already miss him and wish he was here to cuddle up to and place my very cold feet on his warm legs. I'm also so tired and should be in bed. We got home a little after 6 AM, from saying goodbye to him and at 10:15 am our little downstairs neighbor boy woke us up, he was returning our baseball. I guess those additional 4 hours on top of the 5 hours the got before I woke them was enough for them, because they were up from there on out. I layed on the couch in a daze and wondered how in the world I was going to even get through the day, but I managed.

Tonight The Soldier Show was here, so the kids and I joined the rest of the post and went. Son #2 did not want to be there, he was tired. Baby girl went back and forth from enjoying herself to being miserable. Son #1 enjoyed it. His favorite performance of the night was when they performed Michael Jackson's Thriller with the creatures and all! :) I think that got the loudest aplause of the night, they did do a great job with it. I can say that 2 yrs ago we had the Soldier Show here and I think that one was better than this year. I know I was tired and all, but it just wasn't quite as good. They of course sang a medley of American Pride songs and ended with "God Bless The USA" by Lee Greenwood. That's Chad's favorite song and of course how any Army wife (any military wife or American for that matter) can not, not cry is beyond me but it had me sobbing quietly.

As for the kids. Son #1 is doing ok. He's had a few moments of tears and just needing to be held and comforted. He seemed to dedicate his time today to arts and crafts. He even made me a card that says "I love you Mom, Love his name". It's sitting on top of the modem. :) Son #2 is having a very hard time. He got so upset when we were saying goodbye to Chad that he vomitted. I just lost it at that point. It broke my heart. A few more hugs and we got in the car and left. (We were going to stay until the busses left, but I felt after the vomitting incident that we needed to just come home). We got home and son #2 declared he was NOT going to bed, of course I had worried he'd fall asleep on the 2 minute drive home....he was out in just minutes. Son #1 took me up on the offer to sleep with him (#2 went to his own bed, by his own choice). We talked for a minute and he cried, we cuddled, and off to dreamland we both went.

So it begins. Now we're at the point of counting down the days until he returns to us. Well I'm officially falling asleep at the keyboard, so it's off to bed I go.

God Bless and Thank you for the prayers


crewsfour said...

The first few days are the toughest aren't they.  I know how rough it can be to see the little ones going through such strong emotions, they don't have a concept of just how long he'll be gone which makes it even harder I am sure.  I am glad you guys were able to go to the Soilder Show - I remember going to those when I was a kid and they were so much fun, such talent.  I'm keeping you in my prayers - don't forget I'm just an e-mail away.   Leene

chevyz71gurl74 said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this deployment Christy...know we are all here for you.